GSA staff counts on the Office of the CIO, now known as GSA IT, for high quality information technology (IT). GSA IT is headed by David Shive, Acting Chief Information Officer (CIO). GSA IT provides staff with technology that is ever changing to provide better productivity, mobility, agility and cost savings. Our key functions:
- Office of Governmentwide and Enterprise Solutions (IA)
- Office of Financial and HR IT Services (IB)
- Office of Enterprise Planning and Governance (IE)
- Management Services Division (IM)
- Office of Enterprise Infrastructure (IO)
- Office of Public Buildings IT Services (IP)
- Office of Acquisition IT Services (IQ)
- Office of Chief Information Security Officer, IT security programs and security management (IS)
- Office of Supply, Travel and Transportation (IT)
GSA IT services enable GSA’s mission. Our infrastructure is the backbone of GSA’s business and management applications. Our IT security program protects our systems and facilitates our successful telework program. Our help desk and onsite support are the point of contact for most of the IT services provided to our staff, from mobile and laptops, to security, voice and video capabilities. We establish the policies and procedures that govern the use of IT at GSA and we are responsible for monitoring and reporting on our compliance with laws, regulations, orders and directives. We provide the agency’s enterprise architecture as a framework to manage IT resources. We offer guidance on how to leverage IT services to support business and service objectives to the Administrator and GSA executives.
Opportunities – In keeping with our commitment to provide innovative, effective and efficient IT services and solutions GSA IT has identified areas that we will concentrate on for fiscal years 2015 - 2019. The essence of the plan is to drive growth and transformation through innovation and alignment of business and technology priorities.
The Fiscal Year 2015-2019 GSA Information Technology Information Resources Management Strategic Plan
The shortcut for this page is: www.gsa.gov/cio.