GSA Schedules are a convenient, effective option for both ordering activities and Schedule contractors. Ordering activities enjoy simplified ordering procedures and reduced prices, while Schedule contractors connect with federal business quickly and easily. Additional features of the Schedules program, including Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) and Contractor Team Arrangements (CTAs), greatly enhance the flexibility of the program.
These features offer:
- Additional price discounts for ordering activities
- Expanded opportunities for contractors
- Elimination of redundant effort, with a single contracting vehicle fulfilling complex or ongoing needs
- Reduction of administrative time and paperwork
- Expanded business opportunities for socioeconomic groups
- Help for ordering activities wishing to reach socioeconomic goals
More about these GSA Schedules features can be found at the pages described here:
- Small Business Goals – Small businesses succeed with the Schedules program by establishing CTAs, BPAs or subcontracting opportunities with larger businesses. These options also assist ordering activities and large businesses with GSA contracts to meet their socio-economic procurement goals.
- Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) – While GSA Schedules simplify the acquisition process, a BPA improves on this convenience by allowing one or more vehicles to satisfy ongoing needs for the same supplies or service(s). This option saves time for both ordering activities that enjoy reduced prices of high-volume buying, and Schedule contractors who enjoy the continued benefits of regular sales. Note that award of multiple BPAs for continuous competition is preferred in FAR Part 8.405-3.
- Contractor Team Arrangements (CTAs) – CTAs enable greater options for both ordering activities and contractors. Through CTAs, Schedules contractors can meet government agency needs they would not otherwise be able to meet individually, allowing contractors to expand business opportunities. Ordering activities have the convenience of a single solution for a wide range of requirements, precluding the need to negotiate with multiple contractors.