Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) Wireless
The Wireless FSSI Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) are here! Wireless FSSI BPAs were awarded to AT&T Mobility LLC; Sprint; T-Mobile, Inc; and Verizon Wireless.
To take advantage of the savings: review the How to Order page and the Wireless FSSI Request for Quotes document (PDF, 948 KB).
For more information on the benefits of the BPAs and how to use them, contact your Technology Service Manager.
The Wireless FSSI program will improve the procurement and management of wireless services across government. Agencies will be able to implement cellular service plans and devices more effectively and efficiently through the following:
- Unified acquisition – consolidates the number and variety of dispersed wireless contracts to reduce life-cycle management costs and drive better volume discounts.
- Improved information management – simplifies service plan management and enables centralized access to standardized usage data to easily identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Center of excellence – leverages best practices and collaboration across agencies and the entire community of stakeholders to optimize performance and increase value.
Wireless FSSI is part of the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI).
- Save time by consolidating multiple wireless services, plans, and devices across the enterprise into a streamlined program.
- Easily select the contractor with the best quality, price, and service coverage.
- Save 15-20 percent by taking advantage of volume-pricing and price-maintenance controls.
- Gain control by electronically collecting and analyzing inventory and account data.
- Conveniently order through the flexible Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA), with online aids and GSA support.
- Quickly replace devices and comply with federal legislation and security regulations.
- Federal agencies, state and local governments can use the Wireless FSSI BPA.
- BPA based on GSA IT Schedule 70, SIN 132-53, with a five-year period of performance.
- Direct order from the contractor selected in accordance with FAR 8.405-3.
- 1.5 percent total fee (including Schedule 70 fee) is included in the contractors’ prices.
- Allows for devices purchased outside the program to use the BPA’s plans and services.
- Includes selection of no-charge devices, with device refresh after 20 months.
- Adheres to federal policies and administrative priorities.
Variety of wireless devices, bundled with the service, including 4th-generation smartphones, cellphones, and broadband data devices.
Standardized wireless and cellular domestic service plans across all BPA vendors
|Voice Only||Data Add-on||Data Only|
100, 400, 900 minutes
50MB, 500MB, 5GB
50MB, 500MB, 5GB
Infrastructure/subsystems and accessories
- Licenses and support for management, security, enterprise messaging, and disposal and disposition reporting.
- Network connectivity and other coverage enhancements.
Business portal interface that allows an agency to integrate its management system for improved access to vendor data for ordering, inventory, billing, and reporting.
Sharing of best-practices for the efficient adoption of centralized purchasing, MDM, Telecommunications Expense Management Services (TEMS), and similar applications.
Note: the links below go to nongovernment commercial websites.
|Company||BPA Numbers (these differ from the Schedule 70 contract numbers)||Contact Information|
|AT&T Mobility LLC||GS00Q13NSA3000||Chris Pelesky
OR Elizabeth Haugh,
|T-Mobile, Inc.||GS00Q13NSA3002||Paul Connelly
|Verizon Wireless||GS00Q13NSA3003||Clover Franklin
|Wireless FSSI User Guide||476 KB||6/21/2013|
|Wireless FSSI RFQ Amendment 0011||948 KB||5/22/2013|
|Wireless FSSI Program Review February 2012||PowerPoint||2,090 KB||2/13/2012|
|Wireless FSSI Government-Wide Wireless Program Industry Day II, December 5, 2011||PowerPoint||1,718 KB||2/13/2012|
|FSSI Wireless User Group Kickoff Meeting||PowerPoint||1,419 KB||6/27/2013|
Related Policy Memos
- OMB memo, dated December 5, 2012--Improving Acquisition through Strategic Sourcing (PDF, 227KB)
- Executive Order 13576--Delivering an Efficient, Effective and Accountable Government.
- 25 Point Implementation Plan to Reform Federal IT Management (PDF, 586 KB), December 9, 2010, specifically, “collaboration with industry in the pre-request for proposal (RFP) stage”.
- Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) Publication 140-2. (PDF, 1.40 MB)
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/wirelessfssi.