Travel Management Policy Overview
GSA's travel management policies seek to improve the management and systems utilized by federal agencies to enable efficient travel by their employees.
These efforts involve:
- Continuously evaluating travel programs and policies (Federal Agency Travel Policy Mandates);
- Examining new technologies and automated systems;
- Analyzing the impact of current and proposed regulations, laws, executive orders, and international agreements;
- Facilitating the Interagency Travel Management Committee (ITMC); and
- Educating and training of federal travel professionals.
GSA held a Public Meeting in Washington, DC on September 20-21, 2011 to share best practices of the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR), Temporary Duty (TDY),Travel Allowances, common carrier transportation, and special conveyances with federal agencies and travel partners. View the presentation from this meeting.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/travelpolicy.