Local Telecommunications Contracts
Our local telecommunications services contracts provide federal agencies a full range of first mile/last mile telecommunications products, services, and solutions to fit any customer requirement.
- Range of products and services
- Technical assistance
- Contracting assistance
- How federal agencies have used local telecommunications contracts
We offer service in every state and major city in the United States, including Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, American Samoa, and the Northern Mariana Islands. Here are local telecommunications available through our regions:
- Region 1 (New England)
- Region 2 (Northeast and Caribbean)
- Region 3 (Mid-Atlantic)
- Region 4 (Southeast Sunbelt)
- Region 5 (Great Lakes)
- Region 6 (Heartland)
- Region 7 (Greater Southwest)
- Region 8 (Rocky Mountain)
- Region 9 (Pacific Rim)
- Region 10 (Northwest and Arctic)
- Region 11 (Washington DC metro area) including the Washington Interagency Telecommunications System (WITS 3).
Range of products and services
Our local telecommunications offerings include:
- Local telephone service
- Long distance and international phone calling plans
- Wireless communications
- Cell phones, wireless PDAs, and smart phones
- Internet access
- Video conferencing
- Infrastructure installation and support
- Satellite equipment and services
- Project integration, including design
GSA's regional and field offices provide:
- Customer support
- Front-line technical assistance
- Support service transitions
- Vendor coordination
We can develop customized solutions for you using our full array of contracts, including:
- Defining requirements
- Reviewing alternatives
- Advising on how to best meet your needs
Local Telecommunications Customer Representatives are available for additional information and assistance in procuring services.
How federal agencies have used local telecommunications contracts
Reducing costs through consolidated pricing and billing
GSA met with representatives of the FBI Headquarters CIO staff to discuss transferring all of their local telephone service from commercial billing to GSA regional services contracts. The FBI has over 650 sites nationwide that currently receive their local services directly from local telephone companies and manually process these commercial bills, which is both time-consuming and expensive. The FBI requested GSA's assistance with converting the commercial billing to GSA contract pricing and provide a consolidated IPAC bill through the Telecommunications Ordering and Pricing System (TOPS) to save the FBI both time and money.
Providing infrastructure and equipment for agency relocation
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is relocating and reached out to GSA to provide data cabling, private branch exchange (PBX) switches, and audiovisual equipment within seven months. Through our regional services, GSA is helping them to meet their requirements for voice and data cable installation services including fiber; primary rate interface (PRI) circuits; and four distinct, autonomous networks for voice, data, video, and security.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/localtelecom.