National Payroll Branch
The GSA's National Payroll Branch (NPB) provides a number of administrative tools for client agencies and employees. The GSA has been a cross-service provider of payroll services for over 30 years. It provides a full range of payroll services for over 23,000 employees, which includes GSA and more than 40 independent agencies or presidential commissions.
The GSA has experience in serving agencies with quasi-government employees and has the ability to handle unique payroll conditions, based on client-agency charters. It has been recognized as a leader in using innovative systems that implements timely legislatively and regulatory directed employee benefit programs.
The GSA's payroll services include processing of all transactions affecting an employee's entire service life--from initial hire through final payment at separation and submission of retirement records to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). GSA also provides customers with quick, accurate, and real-time information regarding their pay accounts. Employees of client agencies even have the choice of viewing their Electronic Pay and Leave Statement through Employee Express (EEX).
GSA is one of four ePayroll providers for the Federal Government, which is the Compensation Management component of the Human Resources Line of Business (HR LOB) initiative. GSA participates in the OPM governance, which focuses on ensuring human resource and payroll policy and procedures are standardized and easy to understand and administer. The GSA is an active member of the HR LOB Shared Service Center Advisory Council (SSCAC) and the OPM and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Multi-Agency Executive Strategy Committee (MAESC) that helps guide the HR LOB process across the Federal government. As part of the HR LOB, the GSA participates in various studies and initiatives with the goal of continuous improvement in Federal payroll processing. In addition, the GSA continues to shape Benchmarking, Performance Measure and Provider Assessment tools, which is used to evaluate payroll providers.
AGENCIES SERVED BY THE GSA NPB
- Administrative Conference of the United States
- American Battle Monuments Commission
- Appraisal Subcommittee/Federal Financial Institutions Exam Council
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation
- Christopher Columbus Fellowship Foundation
- Commission for the Preservation of America's Heritage Abroad
- Commission to Eliminate Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities
- U.S. AbilityOne Commission
- Delta Regional Authority Commission
- District of Columbia - Court of Appeals
- District of Columbia - Courts System
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission
- Election Assistance Commission
- Export/Import Bank of the United States
- General Services Administration
- Japan/U.S. Friendship Commission
- John C. Stennis Center for Public Service
- John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts
- Marine Mammal Commission
- Medicare Payment Advisory Commission
- Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission
- Morris K. Udall & Stewart L. Udall Foundation
- National Council on Disability
- National Credit Union Administration
- Northern Border Regional Commission
- Nuclear Waste Technical Review Board
- Office of the Federal Coordinator for Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Projects.
- Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency
- Office of Personnel Management
- Privacy & Civil Liberties Oversight Board
- Railroad Retirement Board
- Recovery Act Accountability and Transparency Board
- Senate Restaurant Association
- State Justice Institute.
- Superior Courts of the District of Columbia
- U.S. China Economic and Security Review Commission
- U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
- U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution
- U.S. Institute of Peace
- U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Vietnam Education Foundation