Benefits to Federal, State, and Local Government Agencies
eBuy provides a variety of benefits to federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Allows federal government agencies (buyers) to maximize their buying power, by leveraging the power of the Internet to obtain quotations from GSA Schedule and Technology contractors (i.e.; GSA Schedule 70 (Information Technology), Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), and, Network Services and Telecommunications), that result in best value purchase decisions;
- Allows state and local government entities (buyers) to maximize their buying power, by leveraging the power of the Internet to obtain quotations from GSA Schedule contractors participating in the Cooperative Purchasing Program and the Disaster Recovery Purchasing Program, that result in best value purchase decisions;
- Provides all buyers with a Request for Quotation (RFQ) management tool that will result in savings in both time and money;
- Provides an interactive capability for all buyers to communicate requirements and quotations via the web and email;
- Provides information on small business status, in case the ordering activity contracting officer’s market research reveals that a small business set aside could be a successful acquisition strategy;
- Provides a fast, efficient, and easy-to-use electronic RFQ system that streamlines the acquisition process;
- Provides access to a vast selection of contractors offering expert solutions for services and products at competitive, market-based pricing that leverages the buying power of the Federal government; and,
- Provides the ability to negotiate further discounts at the order level or through Blanket Purchase Agreements that further leverage and provide the ability to tailor orders to get what you need by customizing terms and conditions at the order level.