WITS 3 replaces the WITS2001 contract, which expired January 2008. WITS 3 provides continuity of existing local telecommunications services to federal agencies in GSA's National Capital Region (NCR). Background and historical information on the WITS 3 acquisition process is provided below.
WITS 3 Acquisition Strategy Overview
- WITS 3 Final Request for Proposal (RFP) released: January 2007
- WITS 3 contract awarded November 2007.
- Transition activities: Spring 2009 – Fall 2009
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 15 negotiated award(s) contract
- Best value source selection process
- Functional based requirements
- Multiple awards with the number of awards dependent on the quality of offers
- Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ), firm fixed price contracts
- Base period of four (4) years with 4 one-year options
- Contract ceiling is $1.8 Billion
- Potential vendors required to propose mandatory voice services to qualify for an award
- Voice service specified in a functional manner so potential vendors offered the flexibility to meet voice requirements with traditional or emerging technologies
- Vendors had flexibility to determine the extent of their service coverage within the geographic boundaries of NCR - but will be required at a minimum, to provide service in areas they support commercially
- Telecommunication support services and voice related customer premise equipment required
- Data services are optional - the government will define and specify a set of data services.
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/wits3background.