For Businesses Without GSA Contracts
Companies interested in bidding on GSA contracts should prepare by fulfilling applicable requirements and registering in the appropriate systems. Companies also may participate by seeking subcontracting opportunities with current contract holders.
Prerequisites for Government Contract Approval
To obtain any government contract, complete the following registration requirements:
1. System for Award Management (SAM):
The System for Award Management (SAM) is the Official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS. There is NO fee to register for this site. Entities may register at no cost directly from this page. User guides and webinars are available under the Help tab.
2. Dun & Bradstreet Numbers (DUNS): A DUNS number is a unique, nonindicative nine-digit identifier issued and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet that verifies the existence of a business entity globally. Dun & Bradstreet assigns DUNS numbers for each physical location of a business. A DUNS number is required to start your CCR registration. To receive a DUNS number, you will need to provide the following information:
- Legal name
- Headquarters name and address for your organization
- Doing business as, or other name by which your organization is commonly recognized
- Physical address, city, state and ZIP code
- Mailing address (if separate from headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone number
- Contact name and title
- Number of employees at your physical location
To obtain a DUNS number go to http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform or call 866-705-5711.
3. Federal Business Opportunities: All proposed federal contracts expected to exceed $25,000 are announced on FedBizOpps. Businesses seeking government work should visit the FedBizOpps often and register there to be notified of newly posted opportunities in their industries.
FedBizOpps is free and can be accessed at http://www.fedbizopps.gov.
4. Security Requirements: In accordance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive-12 , contractors must undergo a FBI fingerprint check and a personnel security investigation at the level of the national agency check with written inquiries.