Security Management and Policy
As part of GSA's continuous quest to maintain the safety and security of all its employees and customers, the Security Management and Policy team works closely with other offices in the Public Buildings Service (PBS), the Building Security and Policy Division in GSA's headquarters, and federal and local law enforcement agencies. The primary goal is to provide a cohesive menu of security-related services under one umbrella for all PBS associates, tenants, contractors and visitors.
To ensure a secure workplace and protect PBS assets by managing five key areas:
- Contractor security clearances
- Security policy
- Security design
- Security community liaison
- Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and Emergency Management Program
Key Services Provided:
- Security clearances for PBS staff and contract employees
- PBS advocate and liaison to the Federal Protective Service
- Emergency contract guard service
- COOP training and consultation
- Security policy and analysis for existing PBS-managed facilities
- Safety of GSA associates and customers
- Security of vital and sensitive information
- Quality service to GSA customers
Neighborhood Statistic Resources
Use the following links to access federal, state, tribal and local law enforcement websites. These sites offer various statistics, including area crime reports, alert status and contact information.
Neighborhood Incident Reports (nongovernment website) - Input an address, state and zip code and reported crimes in that area will appear. The statistics shown are updated by local law enforcement agencies.
USACOPS (nongovernment website) - Find the websites of local police departments, sheriffs' offices, officers and other law enforcement agencies throughout the United States. Use the map to drill down to a specific state, county and city. Contact information for local law enforcement is also available.
For additional information or comments, please use the contact information located in the upper right hand corner of this page.