FSSI Print Management
FSSI Print Management is a holistic commodity management approach that allows federal agencies to achieve cost and environmental savings through the implementation of a behavior change management program, and improvements to the acquisition of print and copy devices and services. FSSI Print Management allows agencies to:
- Reduce total cost of ownership;
- Streamline the acquisition process;
- Develop best practices in print management;
- Address socioeconomic goals;
- Assist in behavioral changes through improved data collection and analysis;
- Drive increased agency visibility into print usage;
- Leverage federal volume to drive savings; and
- Encourage innovation in print management.
The BPAs currently cover four functional areas:
- Fleet Assessment - Assists agencies with device discovery, data collection, spend analysis, baseline identification, cost reduction plans and optimization.
- Device Plus and Customizable Solutions - Offers document imaging solutions, complete with devices, maintenance and repairs, consumables (excluding paper) and usage reporting, including energy usage.
- Managed Print Services - Identifies large businesses
- Managed Print Services - Identifies small businesses
Functional Area I: Fleet Assessment
|Vendor Name||BPA Number||Vendor Contact|
|ASE Direct||GS-03F-PM002||Jud Clift|
|iDox Solutions||GS-03F-AA005||Polly Seleski|
|Lioce Group||GS-03F-AA004||Nick Lioce|
|PrinTree, LLC||GS-03F-PM003||Aaron Collins|
Functional Area II: Device Plus and Customizable Solutions
|Vendor Name||BPA Number||Vendor Contact|
|ABM Federal Sales, Inc.||GS-03F-PM004||Rhonda Brooks|
|Cannon IV||GS-03F-PM005||Jim Fall|
|Canon U.S.A., Inc.||GS-03F-PM009||Rosaline Astefanous|
|CTI||GS-03F-PM008||Ana Maria Castro|
|Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.||GS-03F-PM010||Kim Killion|
|Lexmark International, Inc.||GS-03F-PM001||Kimberley Crace|
|Ricoh USA, Inc.||GS-03F-PM006||Dora Valencia|
Managed Print Services
|Vendor Name||Vendor Size||BPA Number||Vendor Contact|
|ABM Federal Sales, Inc.||Small||GS-03F-BA001||Rhonda Brooks|
|Cartridge Technologies, Inc.||Small||GS-03F-BA002||Ana Maria Castro|
|Meridian Imaging Solutions, Inc.||Small||GS-03F-BA005||Chris Lucci|
|Omni Business Systems - Fax Plus, Inc.||Small||GS-03F-BA003||Ginger Dickinson|
|PrinTree, LLC||Small||GS-03F-BA006||Gentry Richardson|
|Canon U.S.A., Inc.||Large||GS-03F-BA007||Rosaline Astefanous|
|Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc.||Large||GS-03F-BA008||Todd Foote|
|Kyocera Document Solutions America, Inc.||Large||GS-03F-BA009||Joe Dolce|
|Lexmark International, Inc.||Large||GS-03F-BA010||Mike Brazerol|
|Ricoh USA, Inc.||Large||GS-03F-BA011||Deborah Randall|
If you are with a participating agency, you first will need to complete a task order against the BPA Holders. To help you, GSA has provided an ordering guide, sample task order templates for both functional areas and an Independent Government Cost Estimate (IGCE) calculator. For more information, please visit the Strategic Sourcing Acquisition Information Center.
FSSI Print Management BPAs deliver long-term savings by shifting buying practices from a device-based procurement approach to an approach that provides agencies with the tools to manage and reduce the total costs of owning and operating their device fleet (i.e., the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)). The awards are the result of a collaborative team effort among customer agencies across the federal government. Additional benefits include:
- Easy access to a wide range of printers, copiers, and multi-function devices that meet all federal security and sustainability requirements with the lowest TCO;
- Consolidation of print devices, consumables, and all related services to increase management visibility and control;
- Collection and analysis of spend and print usage data to identify savings from improving print management behaviors;
- Flexibility in applying these improvements to specific locations or across entire bureaus and agencies; and
- Meeting of sustainability goals mandated by Executive Orders 13423 and 13514.
The acquisition solution has multiple components that support sustainability, including ENERGY STAR and EPEAT requirements; Green CLIN for devices that demonstrate the most advanced sustainability technologies; devices set at duplexing as the default; disposal plan requirements that meet the E-Steward standards; minimization of device packaging and increased, recycled packaging content; based and remanufactured toner use; devices capable of accepting 100 percent recycled paper content with 50 percent post consumer fiber; and improved device energy settings.
Print behavior changes can potentially save the government hundreds of millions of dollars annually. GSA has developed a list of seven suggested print behavior changes that agencies can adopt to achieve savings beginning in 90 days including such actions as: duplexing as a default, using toner efficient fonts, printing in black and white versus color, improved use of sleep mode, use of draft quality printing, removal of personal printers and freezing personal printer purchases. In addition, GSA offers an education campaign model that agencies can use to help them implement these behaviors across their workforce.
For more information, go to strategicsourcing.gov.
If you have any questions, please call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at (800) 488-3111 or direct your email inquiries to the Multiple Award Schedule Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/fssiprint.