Harrisburg E-Cycle Day
Harrisburg E-Cycle Day
Event: The Region 3 GSA Personal Property Management Division invites all federal, state, and local agencies in the greater Harrisburg area to dispose of their obsolete electronic equipment of any sizeFOR FREEon Wednesday, June 19, 2013, from 10am - 3pm on City Island in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, at the Harrisburg E-Cycle Day.
Location: City Island, North Side Parking Lot (Harrisburg Senators Lot), Harrisburg, PA 17101 (USPS address is 600 Riverside Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17043.)
Date: Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Conditions: Rain or shine
Registration: Agencies are asked to register in advance so that GSA can anticipate how many trucks will be needed. Agencies are asked to email Bob.Kitsock@gsa.gov with an estimated amount of equipment for disposal.
1) Agencies will deliver their obsolete electronic equipment to the North Side Parking Lotaccessed by car, van, truck, or trailerat the designated date and times (palletizing and shrink-wrapping of items are preferred, but not required).
2) Agencies will be asked to confirm their agency names and registration information at the site (on-site registration is acceptable but not preferred).
3) Unicor-Federal Prison Industries, Inc. will be on hand to provide loading, transport and ultimate recycling services to the governmental agencies atno costs.
4) GSA/Unicor will provide a statement to each participating agency to acknowledge receipt of their “acceptable” property. Property deemed “not acceptable” will be returned immediately.
5) Unicor, subsequently, will provide each participating agency with a “recycle certificate” confirming that the specific items of that agency were recycled in a safe and effective manner.
Acceptable Items: Computer equipment, communication equipment, electronic games/cameras, printer/toner cartridges, batteries (no alkaline), and wire (no fiber optic cable).
Not Acceptable Items: Alkaline batteries, fiber optic cable, wood furniture, any hazardous materialincluding oils, PCB’s, paints, radioactive material, etc.
For additional information, please contact GSA/Area Property Officer, Robert Kitsock, at 717-580-5303 or Bob.Kitsock@gsa.gov.
The General Services Administration extends its gratitude to the City of Harrisburg for hosting this event.
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
North Side Parking Lot (Harris
Online registration for this event has been closed.