6.6 Information for the Public About Us
GSA proactively and comprehensively elevates the profile of the agency, our products, initiatives and the work of our 12,000 employees to our customers, employees and the American public. We have already taken many steps to inform and collaborate with the public about operations and information, and we continue to add new capabilities.
We use a robust multichannel approach to communicate our business activities and initiatives, products and work to the American public and key stakeholders. These include traditional media, and even more importantly, Web 2.0 and new (social) media avenues.
GSA’s updated Open Government Communications Plan is included as Appendix 1. The plan includes information about our websites, new media and traditional media, and key milestones for events to make our activities more transparent.
We acknowledge that not all open government activities fit into a neat rubric with identifiable target dates. Our plan also includes global ongoing strategies designed to effectively and consistently inform the public about our business. We plan to continue using key activities, and print and electronic media to communicate with the public.
The following key links provide more information about GSA and ways to stay informed about our business and activities:
- General Services Administration official blog, http://gsablogs.gsa.gov/gsablog/;
- Kathleen Turco’s Policy Inc from the Office of Government-wide Policy;
- Casey Coleman's "Around the Corner" from the Office of the Chief Information Officer; and
- Mary Davie's "Great Government Through Technology" from the Federal Acquisition Service Office of Integrated Technology Services.
Get Email Alerts
- Sign up to receive email alerts about our events, programs and people.
Employee and Leadership Directory
- Access our Employee and Leadership Directory here: Staff and Leadership.
Subscribe to RSS Feeds
- Use RSS reader (Web syndication tool) to get the latest GSA news releases, Web news, or administrator and key staff speeches.
- Visit GSA Events to learn more about event listings for our regions, upcoming events and training, and to view past events. The site includes dates and locations for GSA-sponsored seminars, workshops and meetings, and provides information about training programs by topic and other online training offered to Federal employees and vendors. Highlights of some of the events sponsored by other organizations that GSA participated in are also accessible from the website.
From the Newsroom
- News Releases: Stay up to date on GSA activities, from acquisition policy to zero environmental footprint;
- Web News: Online news and archives;
- Speeches: View speeches by key officials;
- Videos: Brief, informative news videos available for online viewing or download;
- Photo Galleries: Highlights from our events, conferences and public programs; and
- Congressional Testimony from GSA key officials, dating from 1997.
Connect With Us
Catalogs, Publications, Newsletters and Email Notifications.
- Catalogs and Publications
- We publish a wealth of information for government agencies, employees, vendors and the public.
- Our print and electronic newsletters contain information about business, policy and regions.
- Email Notifications
- We offer a variety of opportunities for the public to sign up for email notifications to receive alerts and information.