Mid-Atlantic Region Green Purchasing and Waste Management Requirements
Design and Construction Green Purchasing Requirements:
The Mid-Atlantic Region is committed to lowering the environmental footprint on our design and construction projects. To help achieve this goal, it has adopted green purchasing and waste management requirements that have been incorporated into applicable design and construction contracts. These requirements are outlined in the following documents and are applicable if they have been incorporated into a contract.
- PBS Mid-Atlantic Region Design Green Product Requirements: This document states the types of green products that must be incorporated into a design of real property.
- PBS Mid-Atlantic Region Construction Green Product Requirements: This document states the green product requirements applicable for a construction contract.
- Green Products Final Report: In accordance with FAR Clause 52.223-2, the contractor must provide annual information on the USDA-designated biobased products purchased each fiscal year (October 1 – September 30) for applicable construction contracts. This biobased purchasing information must be submitted on the System for Award Management website. This website contains additional guidance for submitting the report.
Construction and Demolition Waste Management Requirements
The Mid-Atlantic Region is also striving to reduce the amount of waste disposed through landfills and incineration on construction and demolition projects. As part of this effort, it has adopted waste management requirements that have been incorporated into applicable construction and demolition contracts. These requirements are outlined in the following documents and are applicable if they have been incorporated into a contract.
- PBS Mid-Atlantic Region Construction Waste Management and Disposal Specification: This document incorporates PBS’s regional waste diversion requirements for construction or demolition projects, including the submittal of the C&D Waste Management Report. This document is a template and must be tailored to the project.
- C&D Waste Management Report: This report requires the contractor to provide information on a construction or demolition contract regarding waste disposal as well as waste diversion through recycling, reuse, or salvaging.