How to Market to the Government
To succeed with your IT Schedule 70 contract, you'll need to actively promote your business to potential government customers.
The way you market your products is up to you.
Your customer base includes organizations eligible to Use GSA Sources of Supply and Services (PDF, 648 KB) such as executive, military, and other federal agencies.
GSA's Cooperative Purchasing Program allows state and local governments to purchase a variety of commercial supplies (products) and services under specific GSA Schedule contracts to save time and money, and meet their everyday needs and missions. It also allows them to access and purchase IT products and services, as well as law enforcement, security, first responder, marine craft equipment, alarm and signal systems, and special purpose clothing.
- eBuy - Government buyers can post a Request for Quote via eBuy, a component of GSA Advantage!®. Schedules contractors can submit quotes to any RFQ corresponding to the Schedule and Special Item Numbers (SINs) listed in their contract. eBuy is an excellent tool for finding new business. It is only available to contractors on a Schedule or on a Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC). Watch for orders or Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) here that can be set aside for small businesses.
- FedBizOpps You can search for active federal opportunities on this site. Government buyers are required to post any open market procurements over $25,000 at FedBizOpps (excluding such vehicles as Schedules, GWACS, and orders under agency IDIQ contracts). FedBizOpps is not used for GSA Schedule buys, but it serves to inform interested companies about federal contracting opportunities.
- Find online resources for market research, including USA.gov and FPDS-NG, at Resources, Training, and Tools.
- Access historical sales data at Schedule Sales Query.
- Visit Acquisition.gov and discover this E-Gov Initiative that brings federal acquisition content such as regulations, systems, resources, opportunities, and training together under one website.