This page is reserved for posting historical documents that pertain to environmental conditions at Plum Island, NY. Documents dated from 2006 and later will be made compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (“Section 508 Compliant”) and posted to this page. Documents prior to 2006 have not been made Section 508 Compliant due to their age and condition. If you need assistance with the content of these pre-2006 documents, please email your request to the Science and Technology Directorate National Laboratories @ S&T Nat Labs and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
The following documents pertain to the Sale of Plum Island, New York Environmental Characterization. Documents which have yet to be processed for 508 Compliance or whose file sizes are too large to upload at this time are also listed and will be available shortly.
Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- 2002 CERCLA Program Report Volume 1 through 4
- 2004 AAR Military Battery Debris Removal and Disposal [PDF - 4.07 MB]
- 2005 AAR Military Battery Drain, Gun Pit and Roadbed Sediment Removal [PDF - 14.94 MB]
Petroleum Storage Tanks
- 1995 Addendum I Closure Report for Petroleum Storage Tanks
- 1995 Closure Reports for Petroleum Storage Tanks Volumes 1 and 2
- 1998 Addendum II Closure Report for Petroleum Storage Tanks
Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- 1999 RCRA Closure Plan
- 1999 RCRA Site Document Report & Appendices A through I
- 2004 RCRA Phase II Closure Plan Volumes 1 through 3
- 2006 RCRA Phase III Closure Plan Appendices