FAQs - Schedule 51V
- What types of products are included in the Hardware Store Special Item Number (SIN)/Category under GSA Schedule 51V??
- What is a Contractor Team Arrangement under GSA Schedule 51V?
- How do I know I am getting the best price?
- What does the Maximum Order Threshold mean to MAS users?
- Where can I locate a GSA contract representative?
- I need help using GSA Schedule 51V. Where can I get assistance?
- I see that services are now offered under Schedule 51V. How do I know what services are available?
1. What types of products are included in the Hardware Store Special Item Number (SIN)/Category under GSA Schedule 51V?
Offers submitted and accepted under the 105 001 and 105 002 categories must be within the spirit and concept of a hardware store, home improvement center or MRO. Products offered under these SINs, include a diverse line of products and related services that would normally be found in a commercial hardware store, home improvement center or MRO. Offers under category 105-001 must include your complete storefront(s). Offers under category 105-002 must include your complete catalog. Category 105 003 includes inventory management services, hard to find product outsourcing, but still under scope of 51V contract and commercial practices of the contractor.
A GSA Schedule Contractor Team Arrangement (CTA) is an arrangement between two or more GSA Schedule contractors to work together to meet agency requirements. The CTA allows the contractor to meet the government agency needs by providing a total solution that combines the supplies and/or services from the team members' separate GSA Schedule contracts. It permits contractors to complement each other's capabilities to compete for orders for which they may not independently qualify. A customer benefits from a CTA by buying a solution rather than making separate buys from various contractors.
See here for more information on Contractor Team Arrangements (CTA).
3. How do I know I am getting the best price?
GSA's goal is to be the best value supplier of choice. GSA Schedule contracts are negotiated with the intent of achieving the contractors' "most favored customer" pricing/discounts under similar conditions. In order to ensure that they receive the best value at the lowest overall cost when using GSA Schedule contracts, agencies are encouraged and empowered to seek price reductions, not only for orders over the maximum order threshold, but also when circumstances warrant (see FAR 8.405-4).
4. What does the Maximum Order Threshold mean to MAS users?
This commercial practice brings more value and more choices to our customers. Customer orders are not restricted by a maximum order limit. In accordance with FAR 8.404(b) (3), the Maximum Order Threshold represents the point where it is advantageous for customers to seek a price reduction. In fact, after a customer reviews the price list(s) or GSA Advantage!®, the FAR instructs customers to generally seek price reductions for orders exceeding this threshold from Schedule contractor(s) appearing to provide the best value (considering price and other factors).
5. Where can I locate a GSA contract representative?
Go to GSA eLibrary, and then, in the search bar, type a company name or contract number (GS-21F-0000X). Click on the company name in red. To the right of your company information is the GSA contract representative.
Acquisition professionals from the FMHAC are available to provide (FREE) guidance and assistance in the use of the GSA Multiple Award Schedules. Please contact the FMHAC Hotline (Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST) at (816) 926-6760 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Easy answer is that any service in support of the products offered could be available under the following Schedule 51V SIN's:
- 834 100 Commercial Coatings, Adhesives, Sealants
- 834 500 Stains, Varnishes, Sealers, Shellacs and Lacquers
- 834 600 Commercial Coatings Removers
- 577 001 Woodworking Machinery Equipment
- 577 002 Maintenance Industrial Machinery
- 577 005 Metalworking Machinery and Equipment
This option was just added to the schedule and contractors are still modifying their contracts. Please contact the FMHAC Hotline (Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. EST) at (816) 926-6760 or by email at email@example.com, to find out specifics.
If you have any questions, please call the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at (800) 488-3111 or direct your email inquiries to the Multiple Award Schedule Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.