- Marina Fox - Fox led the charge in launching the Digital Analytics Program so that 28 agencies could consistently analyze traffic on more than 3,000 federal websites -- from the most public-facing ones, such as USA.gov and Data.gov, down to site subdomains. And she did it in less than 10 months. Furthermore, Fox is the government's chief liaison with Google Analytics for the company's largest implementation on a single account, which it provides at no cost to the government. She has also created more than 100 custom dashboards to help agencies make sense of their data.
ACT-IAC honors GSA's McClure with Franke Award
- The American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council (ACT-IAC) presented the 2013 John J. Franke Award to Dr. David McClure, Associate Administrator of the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies (OCSIT) at the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). This award is bestowed annually at the Management of Change (MOC) training and education event to recognize extraordinary, long-term contributions to the federal government.
FedScoop 50 Awards
- Federal Leadership: Dave McClure, Associate Administrator of the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, led a number of open and transparent IT initiatives to provide increased government accessibility to the public.
- Golden Gov Federal Executive of the Year: Gwynne Kostin fostered the federal mobile community while delivering on the Digital Government Strategy through her leadership of the newly formed Digital Services Innovation Center.
- Most Inspiring Newcomer: SocialGov, or the Federal Social Media Community of Practice led by New Media Manager Justin Herman during its inaugural year, has become a force for sharing solutions and raising the bar for improved citizen services while reducing costs.
OCSIT continues to play a key role in driving greater transparency and openness in government by using agile technologies, processes, and expertise for public engagement and collaboration built around innovative solutions that provide a more effective, public-driven government and save agencies millions of dollars each year.
OCSIT is consistently recognized as a world leader in public engagement and innovation. Our staff is in high demand for speaking events, consultation and interviews with major media outlets. We are proud to have been recognized with many prestigious team and individual awards.
- David McClure, Federal Computer Week, 2012 Eagle Award Winner
- Federal Computer Week 2012 FED100 Award Winners: David McClure, Darlene Meskell, Zach Baldwin, Sheila Campbell, Thomas Freebairn
- Darlene Meskell, Partnership for Public Service Senior Fellows Award for Public Service Excellence
- Bev Godwin, finalist for the March of Dimes Heroines in Technology Award
- Katie Lewin, Morgan Franklin Pivotal Play in Business & Government Award for FedRAMP
- Warren Snaider for his work in detecting fraud against the government, received:
- Commendation from the Inspector General
- Commendation for the US Attorney in Madison, Wisconsin
- Special Act Award from the GSA Acting Administrator
- USA.gov Social Media: 2012 The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) Bethesda Government-wide Initiatives Excellence Award for outstanding achievements in new media
- USA.gov was listed among: The 50 Most-Mentioned Agencies on Twitter
- The National Contact Center received the Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Leadership Award in September 2012 for their outstanding leadership and support to the Department of State and their excellent service to citizens
CIO Magazine Honors OCSIT’s Data.gov with 2011 CIO 100 Award
- Blue Pencil and Gold Screen Awards from the National Association of Government Communicators for the Challenge.gov website. First Place in Social Media Outreach and Communications.
- Data Heroes Award for Data.gov from EMC Corp.
- Federal Computer Week FED100 Award Winners: Martha Dorris, Bev Godwin, Katie Lewin, Keith Thurston
- GovMark Council Award for Excellence in Government - USA.gov Mobile Apps Gallery
- AFCEA Bethesda - Outstanding Achievement Award for Cloud Computing
David McClure, Ph.D., Associate Administrator, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, General Services Administration
- AFFIRM Leadership Award for the Advancement of Open Government:
- OCSIT-GSA Leadership Team
- David McClure, Associate Administrator, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technology
- Martha Dorris, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Citizen Services
- Sanjeev "Sonny" Bhagowalia, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Innovative Technology
- Beverly H. "Bev" Godwin, Director, Federal Citizen Information Center
- Sheila R. Campbell, Acting Director, Center for Excellence in Digital Government
- Sally Y. Kiel, Assistant Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Innovative Technology
- Marion A. Royal, Project Director, Data.gov
- Keith Thurston, Assistant Associate Administrator for E-Government
- Sara Crane, Director, USA.gov I GobiernoUSA.gov I Kids.gov
- Russell O'Neill, PMP, IT Specialist/IT Project Manager USA.gov
- AFFIRM Leadership Award for Innovative Applications - Mary Sue Deffily and the USASearch Program Team
- Federal Computer Week Rising Star Awards - Jessica Milcetich and Zach Baldwin
- Excellence.gov Awards Finalist - Data.gov