Appendix A. Requirements Checklist When Using Social Media
This is a quick reference to help make sure you’re doing everything right when using social media tools in your official capacity as a GSA employee.
Have you ...
- Read and understood GSA’s IT rules of behavior?
- Minimized risks by reviewing Appendix E on IT security?
- Informed the Office of Communications and Marketing about your social media presence by contacting them at email@example.com?
- Made sure that your social site is accessible to people with disabilities by following Section 580 accessibility rules?
- Planned for records management?
- Paid attention to copyrights and other intellectual property?
- Complied with all privacy protections requirements?
Here are some other considerations. Have you ...
- Avoided political activity and adhered to lobbying rules?
- Made sure data are in a usable industry standard format?
- Found out whether the Federal Advisory Committee Act applies?
- Checked into whether you need to get Office of Management and Budget approval for certain kinds of surveys because of the Paperwork Reduction Act?
- Made sure your communications reflects the agency’s position rather than just one person’s opinion?
- Written all content in plain language?
- Had someone review your content to make sure that you adhered to all GSA regulations and federal laws.
- Ensured meaningful access to people with limited English proficiency, if applicable?
- Followed a plan for monitoring your social media content regularly?