Center for Excellence in Digital Government
The Center for Excellence in Digital Government (CEDG) is a division of the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies in the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA). Our job is to help agencies build a 21st century digital government. We do that by:
- Finding and sharing resources and capabilities throughout government
- Helping agencies understand and resolve policy issues
- Offering services and tools to help agencies meet their digital government goals
- Championing DigitalGov solutions from loosening data to developing mobile development guidelines to app and website development to best practices and policy
- Promoting agency DigitalGov efforts through the DigitalGov platform
- Building relationships with the private and non-profit sectors as well as state and local government
We support a variety of government-wide communities working in the digital space, including: Challenges and Prizes Government Contact Center Council Government Multilingual Digital GroupMobileGov Community of Practice Social Media Community of Practice and the Web Content Manager's Forum. These communities provide government employees with a forum to collaborate and share knowledge and lessons learned with colleagues government-wide, and promote efficiencies as agencies learn from one another.
We also offer various services and tools federal agencies can use to help enhance their work in the digital space: Challenge.gov, Sites.USA.gov, Digital Analytics Program, Federal Mobile Apps Registry, Federal Crowdsource Mobile Testing Program, DigitalGov Search, Social Media Registry, USA.gov Short URLs and DigitalGov User Experience Program.