Managed Mobility Program
GSA's Mobility Program includes two primary components: Managed Mobility and FSSI Wireless.
GSA’s Managed Mobility Program meets Milestone 5.5 of the Digital Government Strategy to set up a government-wide mobile device management program to:
- Define potential sources of supply for government to securely manage mobile devices and platforms and set up and manage mobile applications and enterprise data on mobile devices
- Allow agencies to fully manage mobile devices and applications
- Enable wireless assets to become a fully integrated component of the IT enterprise
- Improve security, integration, and mobile application adoption
- Increase access to data, applications, and services
GSA and a cross-government team identified a set of Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) functional requirements and identified potential solutions that could meet those requirements and can be procured through existing government-wide contracts. GSA's resources are available for agencies to reference and use to find MDM and MAM solutions.
The MDM/MAM resources include:
- Complete set of requirements that adhere to existing federal policies and administrative priorities
- Potential sources of supply that satisfy the greatest government need as measured against the baseline requirements
- An acquisition pathway through existing government-wide procurement vehicles
- Help with acquisition strategy development and scope reviews
- An adaptable, repeatable mechanism that can account for variable market conditions
Saves Time – Agencies can tailor the established requirements to fit their particular agency needs, and the means for expeditious procurement via existing government-wide vehicles have been pre-established. We have provided agencies with all the tools and information needed to procure solutions in a fraction of the time.
Saves Money – By saving time related to requirements writing, market research, and accessing solutions through existing vehicles we are by default saving agencies money that they can now put to other use. Further, by identifying accessible baseline pricing agency CO will be in a much better position to negotiate price points with the solution providers. Discounts from listed prices should always be sought, and we have identified the upper-most threshold for this pricing whereby vendors need to come down in order to compete.
Access to Expertise – The GSA Managed Mobility team has both the technical and procurement expertise to understand what agencies seek in terms of technical functionality, as well as can walk through the options, and considerations, that are available to agency personnel as they develop their acquisition strategy and execution.
In future phases, GSA will look at ways to further grow and scale with new technologies, evaluate, and improve.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/managedmobility.