Office of Acquisition Management
The Office of Acquisition Management is responsible for maximizing the purchasing power of PBS. This is accomplished through business intelligence, sound acquisition policy, knowledge of industry and vendor offerings and national acquisition strategies.
To provide these services to our customers, we:
- Identify, analyze, and share knowledge of vendors and PBS purchasing trends; making recommendations for improvement;
- Develop national acquisition strategies which influence and guide PBS purchases and leverage PBS buying power;
- Create sound acquisition policy for all PBS program areas except leasing and site acquisition;
- Promote PBS purchasing activities with small business outreach; and
- Facilitate business interactions between PBS and FAS.