Comprehensive Professional Energy Services BPA Overview
GSA's Comprehensive Professional Energy Services (CPES) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) helps agencies achieve their energy, greenhouse gas, and water conservation goals using a streamlined acquisition process.
As the country’s single largest energy user, the federal government can effect enormous positive change for the environment through changes in energy policy and practices. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, passed into law on February 13, 2009, provides 32 government agencies and departments with more than $53 billion to create a greener environment.
Established December 31, 2009, the CPES BPA helps agencies and departments meet these important energy conservation and efficiency goals. For a concise explanation of the CPES BPA and for a listing of the advantages for using the BPA, see the CPES BPA Slipsheet, [PDF, 211KB] a handy, convenient, and informative handout about the CPES BPA.
For pricing information related to the CPES BPA, agencies can visit the Strategic Sourcing Aisle on GSA Advantage!®. For links to other helpful CPES BPA documents, please see the table below:
|Helpful CPES BPA Documents||File Type||File Size|
|Blanket Purchase Agreement Fact Sheet||158.3k|
|Correlating Laws with Performance Matrix||85.2k|
|Customer Complaint Investigation Form||Word||25.1k|
|Customer Satisfaction Survey Form||Word||50.2k|
|Initial RFQ Terms and Conditions||404.9k|
|Invoice Payment Processes||41.1k|
|Quality Assurance Monitoring Form||Word||26.6k|
|Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan Template||Word||61.9k|
|Special Item Number Listing||52.5k|
|CPES BPA Podcast||mp3||4.89m|
|CPES BPA Podcast Compliant Version||19.3k|
Benefits of the BPA
Using the CPES BPA, agencies can:
- Acquire fully compliant energy services;
- Measurably move the nation towards greater reliance on clean energy technology solutions;
- Promote sustainability and environmental stewardship throughout federal government operations;
- Support the administration’s effort to retain and create jobs and put Americans back to work;
- Acquire services using the federal government’s first Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) to support energy services as required by the Recovery Act; and,
- Use the BPA for non-Recovery Act orders.
Services that may be acquired via the CPES BPA include:
- Reviewing current energy-reduction measures including, but not limited to, those used in water efficiency, lighting, heating, and cooling of federal buildings or other operations;
- Developing a process to ensure that any energy-conservation measure employed in a major building renovation uses the most energy-efficient designs, systems, and equipment;
- Recommending and implementing renewable energy solutions, where feasible;
- Achieving, at a minimum, a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver rating certification for government facilities;
- Ensuring that all new buildings and major renovations are designed to reduce fuel consumption as required by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (EISA);
- Ensuring energy analysis is part of any commissioning action; and,
- Planning, monitoring, and reporting results with ENERGY STAR or other government-approved tools.
The estimated period of performance is provided below, though the dates are subject to change based on the date of BPA establishment.
|Base Year||December 31, 2009 through December 31, 2010|
|Option Year 1:||January 1, 2011 – December 31, 2011|
|Option Year 2:||January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012|
|Option Year 3:||January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013 (optional based on performance)|
|Option Year 4:||January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014 (optional based on performance)|
CPES BPA Vendors
Currently, there are 21 BPA Holders. These vendors, listed on the BPA Holders page, include small businesses. Multiple vendors were awarded for each region, ensuring that customers can expect the best prices. The contracts use performance-based metrics to measure contractor performance at both the BPA level and at the task order level.
To find out more about the Pricing structure for individual BPA holders, visit the Strategic Sourcing Aisle on GSA Advantage!®.