Real Property Utilization and Disposal
GSA is responsible for promoting effective use of federal real property assets, as well as the disposal of real property that is no longer mission-critical to federal agencies.
The New England Region Real Property Utilization and Disposal Division provides realty services to our agency partners in the following areas: Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Real property valuation (appraisals, highest and best-use analysis)
- Due diligence (title survey, environmental characterization, condition assessments, targeted asset reviews)
- Transactional services (brokerage services, comprehensive repositioning, community/stakeholder coordination, relocation, exchange, outlease, auction)
- Marketing services (advertising, open houses, website, industry days)
- NEPA services (catex, EA, EIS, land use planning, historic review)
- Targeted portfolio and market reviews
Agencies should direct questions to the New England Region Concierge at (866) 734-1727, or visit any of the links on the right for more information.
The region also works with the United States Coast Guard, National Park Service and Department of Interior to find new stewards for historic lighthouses conveyed under the National Historic Lighthouse Preservation Act.
Interested in current real estate sales? The Office of Real Property Utilization & Disposal Resource Center provides information about the handling of excess real property and information on properties being offered for sale to the general public.