How to Get on Schedule
Obtaining a Schedules contract is a challenging process for a company of any size. GSA offers substantial help with this process, including free training held online and at GSA regional offices. See For Vendors - Getting On Schedule.
Some workshops are tailored for small businesses, while others target information technology products and services vendors. The Vendor Support Center offers resources and self-study training that can be accessed at any time, from anywhere.
For Small Businesses
The Office of Small Business Utilization (SBU) at GSA offers a number of on-site and web-based courses to help small businesses succeed with government sales. SBU centers are located within GSA’s 11 regional offices across the country. These centers offer “How to Obtain a GSA Schedules Contract” throughout the year. For details on sessions in the local area, refer to the Events page for vendors seeking government contracts.
Web-based courses offered by SBU include:
- GSA Schedules Contract Training – Part 1 addresses the process, while Part 2 addresses how to respond to a solicitation. Register for one or both of these monthly sessions, which take place on the same afternoon.
- Marketing to the Federal Government – This quarterly webinar is designed for vendors who already have a Schedules contract, helping them take the next step of landing business with federal agencies.
- Q&A webinars – A follow-up to the monthly Schedules and quarterly marketing sessions, this webinar provides a further opportunity to ask questions about the solicitation process.
Self-Study Training on the Web
GSA provides online training and resources about GSA acquisition vehicles, including Schedules.
Vendors can find training on:
- How to Become a Contractor – includes supplies and services covered by the Schedules program, Schedule solicitations and proposals, and marketing and administering a Schedule contract
- Cooperative Purchase Program
- Blanket Purchase Agreements
Vendor Support Center
The Vendor Support Center is an online resource where vendors can get information, review and report sales, and more. Available training includes:
- New Contractor Orientation – an introduction to the Schedules program for new recipients of Schedules contracts
- Pathway to Success webinar – a course designed to help vendors decide whether the Schedules solicitation process is a good match for their company, while providing tips on offer submission and marketing to the government after contract award. this webinar is also a prerequisite for the How to Obtain a Schedule 70 Contract seminar.
Visit the Schedules 70 News, Events, and Training page for more information.