Custom SATCOM Solutions (CS2)
Custom SATCOM Solutions allows federal agencies to build large, complex, custom end-to-end satellite solutions.
Solutions include satellite transport (bandwidth), fixed or mobile satellite service, and service-enabling components such as terminals, handsets, and tail circuits with engineering services to integrate, operate, and maintain the solution.
- Emergency response and disaster recovery communications systems;
- Satellite-based backup communications network;
- Distributed distance learning network; and
- Communications on the move solutions for DoD applications.
Custom SATCOM Solutions (CS2) Features
Type of contract: Multiple award, indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ)
Period of performance: All CS2 contracts were awarded August 28, 2012, with a three year base period and two one year options
Ceiling: $2.6 billion
Type of task order: Fixed price
Contract Management Fee: 2 percent
Security included in the contract
Custom SATCOM Solutions (CS2) adheres to federal information assurance requirements, including the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA) (PDF, 63 KB) and Committee on National Security Systems Policies (CNSSP).
Best suited for large, complex requirements
CS2 is more applicable to large-scale or complex end-to-end solutions involving these parameters:
- Coverage: Solutions can be delivered to coverage areas involving multiple satellites and associated ground stations and terrestrial infrastructure;
- User and network size: Solutions can be comprised of hundreds (e.g., 500 or more) of end-user locations or points of presence;
- Capacity: Solutions can require multiple Transponder Equivalent (TPE) of bandwidth or large (e.g., 100 Mbps or more) committed information rate (CIR) over the satellite links; and
- Terminal types: Solutions can require terminal populations consisting of multiple variants of fixed land, mobile land, and airborne terminals.
You can use Custom SATCOM Solutions (CS2) anywhere in the world.
Custom SATCOM Solutions (CS2) Industry Partners
Links go to nongovernment websites.
|Service provider||Contract number||Program contact information|
|Americom Government Services, Inc.
|Astrium Services Government Inc. (f/k/a Vizada)
Astrium Services Government Inc.
|DRS Technical Services, Inc
|Hughes Network Systems, LLC*
|Intelsat General Corporation*
|Segovia, Inc. (d/b/a Inmarsat)
Segovia, Inc. (d/b/a Inmarsat) website
|TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.*
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. CS2 contract
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/cs2.