Child Care Subsidy Program Administration
To help make child care more affordable for federal employees, Public Law 107-67 was enacted on November 12, 2001. The law permits agencies in the executive branch of the federal government to assist federal employees with their child care costs. For more information about implementation of this law, go to the OPM Work/Life Child Care Subsidy website.
This program provides a great benefit for working parents and creates another incentive to retain good employees. The GSA would be happy to help administer the program and provide assistance or feedback as required. Some of the available processes are:
- Review and approve applications
- Monitor paperwork
- Disburse subsidies to child care centers
- Track funds to individual child care centers
- Track funds paid on employee's behalf
- Conduct annual verification of parent eligibility
- Verify accreditation of child care centers
- Provide Helpdesk available for agency personnel
- Provide statistical reporting to agencies regarding the disbursement of funds
This is another business line where the GSA adds value to our client’s missions.