Managed Mobility Program
GSA's Mobility Program includes two primary components: Managed Mobility and FSSI Wireless.
The need to control mobile devices in an agency is critical. You can control mobile assets and comply with federal policies and administrative initiatives by using GSA’s Managed Mobility Program, which meets Milestone 5.5 of the Digital Government Strategy. The User Guide (PDF, 650 KB) and other resources are designed to:
- Define potential sources of supply for government to securely manage mobile devices and platforms, and set up and manage mobile applications and enterprise data on mobile devices.
- Allow agencies to fully manage mobile devices and applications.
- Enable wireless assets to become a fully integrated component of the IT enterprise.
- Improve security, integration, and mobile application adoption.
- Increase access to data, applications, and services.
GSA and a cross-government team identified a set of Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) functional requirements (PDF, 758 KB). They also identified potential solutions that can meet those requirements, and be procured through existing government-wide contracts. GSA's resources are available for agencies to reference and use to find MDM and MAM solutions.
The MDM/MAM resources include:
- A complete set of requirements (PDF, 758 KB) and a Statement of Work (PDF, 1,843 KB) that adheres to existing federal policies and administrative priorities.
- Potential sources of supply that satisfy the greatest government need as measured against the baseline requirements.
- An acquisition pathway through existing governmentwide procurement vehicles.
- Help with acquisition strategy development and scope reviews.
- An adaptable, repeatable mechanism that can account for variable market conditions.
Saves Time – Agencies can tailor the established requirements to fit their particular agency needs, and the means for expeditious procurement via existing governmentwide vehicles have been pre-established. We have provided agencies with all the tools and information needed to procure solutions in a fraction of the time.
Saves Money – By saving time related to requirements writing, market research, and solutions assessment through existing vehicles, we are, by default, saving agencies money that can be used in other ways. By identifying accessible baseline pricing, an agency CO will be in a better position to negotiate price points with the solution providers. Discounts from listed prices should always be sought. We have identified the upper-most threshold for this pricing, which vendors should start reducing their pricing from in order to compete.
Access to Expertise – The GSA Managed Mobility team has both the technical and procurement expertise to understand what agencies seek in terms of technical functionality, and walk through the options and considerations that are available to agency personnel as they develop their acquisition strategy and execution.
In future phases, GSA will look at ways to grow, scale, evaluate, and improve new technologies.
For more information, view the Managed Mobility Webinar.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/managedmobility.