GSA Global Supply provides full-service acquisition management support to help you acquire Approved Security Containers that conform to federal specifications and standards.These containers are for the storage of classified documents, components, materials, equipment, funds, valuables, and weapons.
All items under this program are FOB Origin Freight Pre-Pay and Add. This means additional shipping charges will apply for delivery of these items.
All GSA-approved containers must have a GSA approval label, or a GSA recertification label on the front of the equipment in order to store classified National Security Information (NSI) or weapons.
Effective October 1, 2012, classified national security information cannot be stored in non-GSA approved security containers, according to 32 CFR, Part 2001.43(b), “Requirements for physical protection.” Any classified material stored in non-GSA approved security containers should be moved immediately. The National Archives administers an online library of Notices from the Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO). These notices are intended for a wide federal audience, to ensure consistency in the protection of classified material.
There are a variety of security containers (Class 5 and 6) available:
- Class 6 - Filing Cabinets (Legal and Letter size 2, 4, or 5 drawer, and special size 1 drawer – field safes) Class 6 Filing Cabinets
- Class 5 – Filing Cabinets (Legal size 2 and 4-drawer) Class 5 Filing Cabinets
- Class 5 - Map and Plan & General Purpose Containers Class 5 Map and Plan General Purpose
- Class 6 – Class 6 General Purpose
- Class 5W - Class 5W Weapons
- Class 6S - Class 6S Shipboard Containers (Legal and Letter Size 2, 4, and 5 drawer filing cabinets)
- Vault Doors (also Armory Doors or Ballistic Doors) INFORMATION COMING SOON
The Department of Defense Lock Program is the technical authority on locks, safes and vaults. They operate a technical support phone line and respond to e-mail inquiries.
Explanation of Class 5 and Class 6 Containers
All of the above security containers meet one of the following relevant specifications:
- AA-F-358J – Filing Cabinet, Legal and Letter Size, Uninsulated, Security
- AA-F-363D – Filing Cabinet, Security, Maps and Plans, General Filing and Storage
- AA-C-2859A – Cabinet, Security, Weapons Storage
- AA-D-600D – Door, Vault, Security
The latest version of each specification can be found in the ASSIST Database, operated by the Defense Logistics Agency, which allows users to enter a document identifier (e.g. AA-F-358) or keywords from the title to locate the text of a relevant specification. Updated specifications can also be found within the DoD Lock Program website.
Please follow the links below for information on the following:
- How to Submit and Pay for Your Order
- Off-Line Order – SF 344
- IMPORTANT: Ordering Accessories
- Special Requests
- IMPORTANT: Arranging Delivery
- MIPR Instructions
- Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR) Form (DD448) MIPR Form
- Instructions for MILSTRIP Form (1348-6) MILSTRIP Instructions
- Interagency Agreement Form (Fillable)
- FEDSTRIP Operating Guide (Instructions for SF 344)
- Reporting Discrepancies
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/securitycontainers.