Features and Benefits
Federal, state, and local governments can count on the industry partners on IT Schedule 70 to offer innovative information technology products, services, and solutions at the best prices.
Learn more about the features and benefits of IT Schedule 70:
- Wide variety of products and services
- Competitive prices and discounts
- Flexible contracting and streamlined ordering
- Compliant with federal cybersecurity guidelines
- Access to small business credit
Wide variety of products and services
With millions of IT products, services, and solutions offered by thousands of industry partners, IT Schedule 70 is able to meet most customers' simple or complex needs. Industry partners can modify their contracts at any time, allowing them to constantly offer the latest technology. Learn more at What IT Schedule 70 offers.
Competitive prices and discounts
GSA negotiates its fair and reasonable prices based on the aggregated buying power of the federal government.
All prices are still able to be negotiated further by you, the customer. We encourage you to negotiate additional price reductions, discounts, and concessions with our industry partners - not only for orders over the maximum order threshold, but also when circumstances warrant (see FAR 8.405-4).
Special Item Number (SIN) 132-51, Information Technology Professional Services, includes maximum hourly rates.
GSA Schedules also permit incremental funding if your agency's rules allow it.
Maximum order threshold
Each Schedule has a maximum order threshold, which varies by Special Item Number (SIN). The maximum order threshold is not a limit on spending — industry partners can accept any size order. Rather, it is the dollar amount above which:
- The industry partner can choose not to accept the order
- A price reduction must be sought
For IT Schedule 70's SINs, the maximum order threshold is between $25,000 - $1,000,000. For more information, please review the SIN details and descriptions found in the Solicitation.
Flexible contracting and streamlined ordering
GSA Schedules save you time by featuring combined synopses and solicitations. Schedules also make it easier for you to meet Competition in Contracting Act (CICA) requirements (see FAR 6.102(d) (3)).
Schedules accept purchase cards and allow task orders and blanket purchase agreements (BPAs). Industry partners can enhance their offerings and create a total solution through contractor team arrangements. You can also add incidental items (see FAR 8.402 (f)).
- For federal agency customers - ordering from Schedules
- Blanket purchase agreements
- Contractor team arrangements
Note: FAR 8.4 is optional for state, local, and tribal customers. Learn more about Cooperative Purchasing.
IT Schedule 70 helps federal, state, and local government organizations meet their security mandates and guidelines.
The offerings under IT Schedule 70 related to identity and access management (SINs 132-60 A-E, 132-61, and 132-62) must meet FISMA standards for identity and access management:
- Electronic credentials, not identity proofed (Assurance Level 1 OMB M-04-04) managed service offering
- Electronic credentials, identity proofed (Assurance Level 2 OMB M-04-04) managed service offering
- Digital certificates, including ACES (Assurance Level 3 and 4 / OMB M-04-04)
- E-authentication hardware tokens
- Remote identity and access managed service offering
- Identity and access management professional services
- Public key infrastructure (PKI) shared service providers (PKI SSP) program
- Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 product and service components
Software is a particularly complicated and expensive IT asset. GSA awards many products with agreements on Federal Supply Schedules (FSS). The terms and conditions in standard commercial agreements are often inconsistent with federal laws.
GSA contracting officers (COs) cannot award contracts or modifications involving products and services without first reviewing and modifying the terms in agreements to make them consistent with federal law. Without doing so, such awards would expose the government to a high level of risk.
Download: IT Schedule 70 - Approved Agreements List (PDF 107 KB)