Third Generation FSSI Office Supply Solution
NOTICE: The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Third Generation Solution (FSSI OS3) Purchasing channel was awarded August 8, 2014 and August 11, 2014. As a result of protests filed with the Government Accountability Office (GAO) against the awards made under Contract Line Numbers (CLINs) 0001, 0002, and 0003 of the FSSI OS3 solution, GSA is required to issue a stay of performance for the awards made under those CLINs. As we also received protests on the remaining CLIN (CLIN 0004), there is currently a stay of performance on all the FSSI OS3 CLINs pending the resolution of the protests. During the stay, we advise Federal customers to fulfill their current needs through GSA's Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) 75 or through GSA Global Supply via GSAAdvantage!®. Please note the one-page instruction sheet on all office supply purchasing options through GSA.
The Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative for Office Supplies Third Generation (FSSI OS3) is GSA’s latest FSSI solution for office supplies. Strategic sourcing leverages the purchasing power of the entire federal government, reducing costs of goods and services and allowing for better service. FSSI OS3 is a purchasing channel solution that helps federal customers achieve significant savings on their office supply purchases, while also supporting the nation’s small businesses. OS3 is expected to provide more than $90 million in annual savings captured through lower prices. The awards are the result of a collaborative team effort among customer agencies across the federal government. Under OS3 prices decrease as the collective purchases grow across the federal government.
GSA has awarded multiple Indefinite Delivery-Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts for office supply products and commodities through the purchasing channel acquisition. Twenty of the twenty-one awards have gone to small business entities. There may be additional awards pending further review. This solution provides a great opportunity to achieve significant savings and meet sustainable acquisition and other socioeconomic goals. In this critical time of reduced budgets, this cross-agency strategic sourcing initiative helps the government to leverage data, dollars and good business sense in meeting acquisition goals.
Additional benefits include:
- Capturing economies of scale;
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations to include the AbilityOne Program, sustainable purchasing requirements and the Trade Agreement Act;
- Fostering markets for sustainable technologies and environmentally preferable products;
- Simplifying data collection and enhancing transparency by enabling agencies to better manage expenditures and measure cost-savings;
- Aligning purchasing with existing agency procurement practices;
- Enabling achievement of socioeconomic goals;
- Providing ease of ordering; and
- Providing point of sale compliance, ensuring that purchase card users automatically receive the FSSI price.
OS3 has divided the Office Supplies (OS) commodity into four (4) Contract Line Items (CLINs).
Below is a list of awardees identified by CLIN, Small Business (SB), Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOSB), and Other than Small Business (OTSB) considerations.
Note: The links shown below lead to nongovernment websites.
CLIN 0001: General Office Supplies Full Catalog (13 vendors)
- Capitol Supply, Inc. (SB) - http://www.capitolsupply.com
- Crimson Imaging Supplies LLC (SB) - http://www.crimsonimaging.net
- Noble Supply & Logistics (SB) - http://www.noblegov.com
- TSRC, Inc. (SB) - http://www.frankparsons.com
- Document Imaging Dimensions, Inc.(SB) - http://www.did-inc.com
- BahFed Corp (SB) - http://www.bahfed.com
- MyOfficeProducts (SB) - https://www.myofficeproducts.com/order/home.aspx
- Premier & Companies, Inc. (SB) - http://www.premierandcompanies.com
- Shoplet (SB) - http://www.shoplet.com
- EZ Print Supplies (SB) - http://www.ezprintsupplies.com
- Jacobs Gardner Supply Company, Inc. (SB) - http://www.jacobsgardner.com
- Capstone Office Products LLC (SB) - http://www.capstoneoffice.com/
- MJL Enterprises, LLC (SB), (SDVOSB) - http://www.mjl-enterprises.com
CLIN 0002: Office Paper (2 vendors)
- Metro Office Products LLC (SB) - http://www.mymetroofficeproducts.net/FSSI
- Rita's Tape Media LLC DBA CompuPro Global (SB) - http://www.compuproglobal.com
CLIN 0003: Toner/Ink (5 vendors)
- Access Products, Inc. (SB), (SDVOSB) - http://www.accessproductsinc.com/
- New Century Imaging, Inc.(SB) - http://ncicartridges.com
- ABM Federal Sales Inc. (SB) - http://www.abmfederal.com
- ASE Direct, Inc. (SB), (SDVOSB) - http://www.govtoner.com
- Alliance Micro (SB), (SDVOSB) - http://www.alliancemicro.com
CLIN 0004: GSA On-the-Go (1 vendor)
- Office Depot, Inc. (OTSB) - http://bsd.officedepot.com
GSA is firmly committed to this Administration’s efforts to realize better value and savings through strategic sourcing. The savings from FSSI OS have totaled more than $370 million since 2010. The agency is also committed to increasing small business participation in strategic sourcing initiatives and OS3 is expected to increase the volume of spend going to small businesses, while also delivering government savings. Small businesses received 20 out of the 21 awards, which included awards to SDVOSBs, a consortium of small businesses and a HUBZone vendor. GSA estimates that more than $9 out of every $10 spent on OS3 purchasing will go to small business.
Strategic sourcing leverages the purchasing power of the entire federal government, reducing costs of goods and services and allowing for better service. OS3 will cut costs and increase efficiencies by providing everyday supplies like pens, paper, and printing items from a list of vendors with negotiated low prices.
FSSI’s previous office supplies vehicle, FSSI OS2, featured Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) with fifteen vendors. Thirteen of those vendors were small business entities. Those thirteen small businesses had participating dealer agreements with over 120 small businesses. OS2 reached a cumulative small business utilization rate of 75.4 percent, and these small businesses have seen sales of more than $822 million since the inception of OS2 in 2010. FSSI OS2 was also a proponent of the federal government’s sustainability goals. In FY 2013, agencies purchased approximately $89 million worth of recycled content products through the FSSI OS2, including approximately $19.5 million worth of remanufactured toner cartridges.
Visit StrategicSourcing.Gov to see current sales and savings.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/os3.