Green Procurement Compilation
The Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) is a publicly available web site that helps users identify applicable federal green purchasing requirements for products and services. The GPC consolidates information from a variety of sources, making it a comprehensive green purchasing resource for the federal acquisition workforce.
The services portal contains green purchasing guidance for services, including Cafeteria & Food Services, Electronic Leasing, Fleet Maintenance, Janitorial Services, Landscaping Services, Laundry Services, Meeting & Conference Services, Pest Management, and Transportation Services. The guidance addresses green product requirements and optional green practices that federal buyers may incorporate into service contracts. In addition, a “Where to Buy” section directs potential buyers to the applicable GSA Multiple Award Schedule for each service.
The green products portal identifies all product types covered by mandatory and non-mandatory federal environmental programs, including BioPreferred, Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines, Design for the Environment, Energy Star, EPEAT, Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP), Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP), and WaterSense. Users can search or browse for a product to determine which requirements apply to the product they are interested in.
Additional features of the GPC include:
Distinguishes between mandatory purchasing programs and others that support the achievement of agency sustainable acquisition goals.
- Identifies applicable Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements for each product type.
- Identifies potential purchasing options for each product type, including GSA Multiple Award Schedules, GSA Global Supply, Ability One, UNICOR, and Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) solutions.
- Offers direct links to environmental program websites.
- Allows users to download the entire GPC database into a single Excel, Text, or CSV file.
- Allows users to create customized product lists, allowing users to download green product information for selected items.
- Remains current with the latest changes in green product designations.
- Offers sample green solicitation/contract language for products and services (COMING SOON).
- Provides basic life cycle cost savings information for many energy-consuming products (COMING SOON).
Visit the GPC today at www.sftool.gov/greenprocurement to learn more!