Here is a list of helpful technologies to make telework a success.
- Thin Client enables employees to remotely access a variety of common Windows applications through a Web browser from any location with an Internet connection. The system works on both Windows and Mac computers.
- Virtual Private Network creates an encrypted Internet "tunnel" between your computer and the agency network. This ensures that documents, files, and data that you access can only be seen by you and not someone else.
- Online Meeting is a collaborative conference tool that enables online meeting participants to share information virtually. Particpants from varying locations can all view the same presentation on their computer screen, while editing and revising documents (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Instant Messaging is a feature that makes real time communication quick and easy.
- Tethering enables users to connect their computer to the Internet by using a mobile device for an internet connection.
- Voice Over IP (VoIP) is a telephone system that simplifies communication, encourages telework, and saves money by using the Internet rather than traditional telephone lines to make phone calls.