Meritorious Service Awards
The Meritorious Service Awards are for those of us who have a record of continuous excellence in the agency. These people demonstrate their commitment to making a difference year after year and the quality of their work consistently stands out.
- Marion Royal - Leading a worldwide open data revolution, Marion Royal has nearly single-handedly changed the face of how citizens and industry use government data … and helped GSA meet critical Administration mandates.
Excellence in Performance Awards
The Excellence in Performance Awards recognize GSA employees - both individuals and teams - who have made a significant contribution to the agency in the areas of Efficiency, Savings, and Service in the past year.
- Marina Fox - Facilitated cross-government web analytics sharing to improve customer experience while saving over $1 million.
- Mattew Goodrich - Built, drove, and promoted the standardization of cloud cybersecurity system authorizations saving millions through reduced duplication with a superior solution.
- USA.gov Responsive Design Team (Russell O'Neill, Laura Godfrey, Maria Marrero, Meghan Daly, Sherry Hsu) - Revamping the USA.gov web experience to better fit today’s diverse devices while lowering cost, improving the product, and better meeting the needs of GSA’s customers.
OCSIT continues to play a key role in driving greater transparency and openness in government by using agile technologies, processes, and expertise for public engagement and collaboration built around innovative solutions that provide a more effective, public-driven government and save agencies millions of dollars each year.
OCSIT is consistently recognized as a world leader in public engagement and innovation. Our staff is in high demand for speaking events, consultation and interviews with major media outlets. We are proud to have been recognized with many prestigious team and individual awards.
- David McClure, Federal Computer Week, 2012 Eagle Award Winner
- Federal Computer Week 2012 FED100 Award Winners: David McClure, Darlene Meskell, Zach Baldwin, Sheila Campbell, Thomas Freebairn
- Darlene Meskell, Partnership for Public Service Senior Fellows Award for Public Service Excellence
- Bev Godwin, finalist for the March of Dimes Heroines in Technology Award
- Katie Lewin, Morgan Franklin Pivotal Play in Business & Government Award for FedRAMP
- Warren Snaider for his work in detecting fraud against the government, received:
- Commendation from the Inspector General
- Commendation for the US Attorney in Madison, Wisconsin
- Special Act Award from the GSA Acting Administrator
- USA.gov Social Media: 2012 The Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA) Bethesda Government-wide Initiatives Excellence Award for outstanding achievements in new media
- USA.gov was listed among: The 50 Most-Mentioned Agencies on Twitter
- The National Contact Center received the Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs Leadership Award in September 2012 for their outstanding leadership and support to the Department of State and their excellent service to citizens
CIO Magazine Honors OCSIT’s Data.gov with 2011 CIO 100 Award
- Blue Pencil and Gold Screen Awards from the National Association of Government Communicators for the Challenge.gov website. First Place in Social Media Outreach and Communications.
- Data Heroes Award for Data.gov from EMC Corp.
- Federal Computer Week FED100 Award Winners: Martha Dorris, Bev Godwin, Katie Lewin, Keith Thurston
- GovMark Council Award for Excellence in Government - USA.gov Mobile Apps Gallery
- AFCEA Bethesda - Outstanding Achievement Award for Cloud Computing
David McClure, Ph.D., Associate Administrator, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, General Services Administration
- AFFIRM Leadership Award for the Advancement of Open Government:
- OCSIT-GSA Leadership Team
- David McClure, Associate Administrator, Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technology
- Martha Dorris, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Citizen Services
- Sanjeev "Sonny" Bhagowalia, Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Innovative Technology
- Beverly H. "Bev" Godwin, Director, Federal Citizen Information Center
- Sheila R. Campbell, Acting Director, Center for Excellence in Digital Government
- Sally Y. Kiel, Assistant Deputy Associate Administrator, Office of Innovative Technology
- Marion A. Royal, Project Director, Data.gov
- Keith Thurston, Assistant Associate Administrator for E-Government
- Sara Crane, Director, USA.gov I GobiernoUSA.gov I Kids.gov
- Russell O'Neill, PMP, IT Specialist/IT Project Manager USA.gov
- AFFIRM Leadership Award for Innovative Applications - Mary Sue Deffily and the USASearch Program Team
- Federal Computer Week Rising Star Awards - Jessica Milcetich and Zach Baldwin
- Excellence.gov Awards Finalist - Data.gov