Federal Mail Executive Council (FMEC)
The Federal Mail Executive Council (FMEC) is a group of federal executives that meet periodically to establish a strategic vision and guiding principles for the Government-wide mail management and the Interagency Mail Policy Council (IMPC). Agencies are selected for membership by the FMEC chair.
- Provide leadership to the mail management program and the Interagency Mail Policy Council
- Share and advocate best practices
- Establish work groups to examine specific mail issues
Access the current FMEC Member List [XLSX - 10.27 KB]
Interagency Mail Policy Council (IMPC)
The IMPC is a group of federal agencies that meet on a quarterly basis to share information, best practices, and provide training. All federal agencies may join IMPC. Functions include:
- Develop practical, professional principles and standards
- Facilitate the development and use of performance measures
- Assist in the development of training programs and
- Research and share new technologies
Access the current IMPC Member List [XLSX - 40.58 KB]
These organizations help build a broad base of support for the mail manager by sharing information and ideas in improvements and cost savings.
- Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) provides technical information, advice and recommendations to the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to improve service and postal operating efficiency. GSA represents federal agencies.
- Government Mailers Advisory Council (GMAC) is a USPS/federal partnership to improve mail services by sharing ideas, suggestions and solutions. For information contact: LaChelle Bynum, Mail Manager, DoL, (202) 691-5344 or email: email@example.com
- Postal Customer Councils (PCC) is a forum for USPS-to-business communication, providing information and best practices for cost-effective and profitable mailing, education and training, and solving local challenges.
- Mail Systems Management Association (MSMA) to advance professionalism within the mail systems industry by Promoting education, communications, art and science of mail
- International Publishing Management Association (IPMA) offers solutions; access to best-in-class managers and industry experts; professional resources; and educational programs including Certified Mail Manager.