Small Business Assistance in the Pacific Rim Region
Small Business Utilization Center
Our Small Business Utilization Center serves as the regional liaison and advocate for small businesses within Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada. As the regional advocates for small business owners, our mission is to promote among all small businesses increased access to GSA's nationwide procurement opportunities.
Programs and Activities
We promote and facilitate the following programs and activities for small business owners by:
- Working with contracting officers to highlight small businesses for specific contracts;
- Counseling potential vendors on the government procurement process;
- Providing marketing resources;
- Participating in outreach activities; and
- Conducting monthly workshops.
Procurement Preference Categories
Like all federal agencies, GSA has procurement preference goals for contracting with small businesses. Procurement preference goals are a performance measure that we strive to achieve through our various programs. The small business procurement preference categories are:
- Section 8(a)
- Service-Disabled Veteran Owned
- Small Disadvantaged
- Veteran Owned
- Women Owned
We also advocate for federally recognized Native Sovereign Nations and tribal organizations.
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/r9smallbusiness.