Transportation Policy Overview
Access the latest Transportation Policy Advisory Bulletins and Regulations
Our primary focus is on items purchased and shipped into or out of federal agencies that are over 350 pounds. Transportation policy seeks to improve management and enhance sustainable transportation operations with a focus on effective and efficient federal transportation operations for freight and cargo.
Transportation Policy efforts include:
- Assisting in the development of transportation policies, guidance and improved management practices
- Developing training to improve transportation competencies
- Helping agencies report transportation expenditures and key performance indicators to benchmark against high performing organizations
- Communicating and collaborating with federal executive and interagency transportation committees
- Identifying and sharing best practices among federal agencies
- Serving as a federal liaison to the transportation industry
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/transportationpolicy.