Federal Triangle South
On December 3, 2012, the General Services Administration (GSA) issued a Request for Information (RFI) for interested parties to address the long term needs of multiple GSA Federal Customers located in the L’Enfant Plaza area in Southwest, District of Columbia, referred to in this announcement as “Federal Triangle South”. GSA seeks to leverage the value of its real property assets to provide more efficient facilities for Federal Customers and potentially create the catalyst for a revitalization of this area of Southwest Washington.
Through this RFI, GSA seeks to leverage the expertise of the real estate industry to:
- Meet the long-term space needs of the Federal Agencies currently in FTS
- Identify smart and financially viable transaction structures
- Develop a vision that stimulates a vibrant mix of uses, such as residential, commercial, civic, institutional, and public realm while contributing to the vitality of the greater L’Enfant Plaza area, SW Waterfront and Independence Avenue Corridor
- Leverage the planning recommendations of both the National Capital Planning Commission’s SW Ecodistrict Plan and the District of Columbia Office of Planning’s Maryland Avenue Small Area Plan
- Achieve best value to the Government and Taxpayers, through the most beneficial technical and financial solution
Information gathered from the RFI will help GSA develop a strategy to more efficiently meet the space needs of the Federal Triangle South Customers. The RFI initiative may result in future competitive solicitations to effectuate GSA’s objectives.
INDUSTRY DAY INFORMATION SESSION
GSA invited interested parties to attend an Industry Day on January 4, 2013 at the GSA Regional Office Building at 301 7th St., Washington, DC. Visit the Industry Day page to find out more and download the presentations.