Satellite Communications (SATCOM)
Federal, state, local, and tribal governments rely on commercial satellite communications to maintain essential and secure communications where no wire line or wireless infrastructure exists.
Our satellite programs offer:
- Mobile, fixed, and broadcast satellite services including Inmarsat and Iridium;
- Quick deployment for emergency response communications; and
- Support for continuity of operations and distance learning.
Future COMSATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA)
GSA’s satellite communications contracts support the joint GSA-Department of Defense Future COMSATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA). The Future COMSATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA) has two components:
- Transponded capacity and subscription services through IT Schedule 70; and
- End-to-end satellite services through two new contracts, Custom SATCOM Solutions CS2 and CS2- Small Business.
Download an Overview of GSA's Satellite Programs (Powerpoint, 05/29/2013, 4.86 MB)
Note: SATCOM-II is no longer available for new orders.
COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
IT Schedule 70 features a wide variety of commercial satellite products and services, such as:
- Transponded capacity, which includes dedicated bandwidth on a commercial communications satellite; and
- Subscription services, which include subscriptions to pre-existing, pre-engineered satellite solutions, including service plans and terminals.
State, local, and tribal governments
- State, local, and tribal governments can use the Cooperative Purchasing Program to buy from IT Schedule 70.
For industry partners
- IT Schedule 70 is continually open to new offers from industry partners. Download the IT Schedule 70 FedBizOpps announcement for instructions on how to respond to the solicitation.
CUSTOM END-TO-END SOLUTIONS
CS2 and CS2-SB can provide satellite systems that require satellite bandwidth, equipment and engineering support for:
- Interactive voice, video, or data networks for applications such as distance learning and telemedicine;
- Broadcast satellite services with network operations and management support
- Network diversity/COOP networks such as VSAT backup networks;
- Emergency response and disaster recovery communications systems
- Long duration, baseline communications services and infrastructure to support enduring user requirements; and
- Short duration communications services to support temporary user requirements
- Communications on the move solutions for DoD applications
- Satellite transport (bandwidth)
- Fixed or mobile satellite service
- Service-enabling components such as terminals, handsets, and tail circuits with engineering services to integrate, operate, and maintain the solution.
For Department of Defense (DoD) customers
All Department of Defense customers should go through Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO), just as you did on the DSTS-G and Inmarsat contracts.
DISA/DITCO uses eBuy to notify industry partners of potential and current requirements through synopses, requests for information, and requests for proposals.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/satellite.