Exchange/ Sale of Aircraft
GSA helps reduce federal waste by supporting efforts to sell or reuse older assets. As aircraft age, government agencies can work with GSA to modernize their fleets by exchanging or selling aircraft for newer replacements. The proceeds from an exchange or sale can be used to pay for part or all of the new aircraft.
Managing Government Aircraft Exchange/Sale
In order to exchange or sell aircraft, agencies must meet the requirements detailed in the Management of Government Aircraft. This chapter includes information on:
- Options for replacing an aircraft
- Disclaimers for exchange/sale agreements
Personal Property Disposal
Replacement of Personal Property Through Exchange/Sale regulates the exchange/sale of personal property, including federal aircraft. Federal aviation managers can find guidance on:
- How to exchange/sell property
- When to exchange/sale federal aviation assets
- Potential customers for exchange/sale
- Restrictions and prohibitions
- Required documentation and reports
Details of GSA personal property sales services and rates are found in FMR Bulletin 2003-B3 [Word, 47 KB].