Ethics Legal Counsel
The Ethics Law Staff provides legal, policy, and other assistance to the General Counsel in support of the General Counsel's functions as GSA's Designated Agency Ethics Official (DAEO) and is responsible for developing and implementing GSA's ethics program. The Ethics Law Staff assists the General Counsel/DAEO in the:
- Development and implementation of GSA's ethics program.
- Development, implementation and interpretation of policies governing employee financial disclosure; conduct and post-employment conflict of interest situations; overall direction of GSA policies and procedures regarding standards of conduct and conflicts of interest; and establishment of program goals and methods for monitoring progress toward goal attainment.
- Implementation of systems of financial disclosure by GSA employees, including uniform procedures and standards for review of reports.
- Establishment of uniform policies and criteria to determine and resolve conflict of interest situations involving current employees and post-employment activities of former employees, including standards to address recurrent problems involving current and former employees.
- Development of standards of conduct regulations, as necessary, to supplement governmentwide regulations of the Office of Government Ethics (OGE).
- Development and implementation of the GSA-wide standards of conduct training program.
- Provision of advice and assistance to senior executives and associates of GSA, regarding GSA standards of conduct policies and procurement integrity.
- Provide information on the Hatch Act.
For inquiries concerning ethics please visit the Office of General Counsel website indicated under external links.
GSA Ethics Program Review - October 2010 Report (PDF)