National Business Space Assignment Policy
The National Business Space Assignment Policy (NBSAP) establishes current business practices for the assignment of space within the federally owned and leased inventory.
The NBSAP Policy (PDF; 8221KB; 02/2013) contains:
- Methodology and information necessary for an accurate space assignment
- Details on how we use the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA) Standard Method for Measuring Floor Area in Office Buildings (ANSI/BOMA Z65.1)
- Clarification/Correction #1 - NBSAP (PDF; 71KB; 07/2013) - captures the clarifications/corrections to the NBSAP issued February 2013
- Clarification/Correction #2 - NBSAP (PDF; 52KB; 06/2014) - captures the clarifications/corrections to the NBSAP issued February 2013
- Spatial Data Management Overview - provides a brief introduction
- SDM Benefits - a list of benefits
- Space Assignment - provides the SDM process steps and space classifications
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/sdm.