Online Defensive Driving Course
National Safety Council's Online Defensive Driving Course is a four-hour course designed to provide convenient training on a personal computer. Using state-of-the-art animation and graphics, the online defensive driving course offers an engaging, interactive learning environment for Fleet customers to analyze real driving situations, spot driving hazards, and identify the correct defenses. GSA's Office of Motor Vehicle Management offers this training free of charge to GSA Fleet customers. Upon completion, students receive a Water Marked certificate from the National Safety Council that, in many states, may be used to lower automobile insurance rates. More than 65 million drivers have learned to protect themselves on the road by taking part in National Safety Council programs.
Notice to Fleet Customers
The ninth (9th) and latest edition of the course has just become available! The new course is comparably easier to navigate, more interactive, includes up-to-date information on all aspects of driver safety with a focus on distraction (cell phone and texting) and drunk driving, among other important aspects of defensive driving. Students will receive safety training relative to their specific age group and location within the United States (focused on weather training and up-to-date state laws). Throughout the course, students are also able to print fact sheets and tips for safe driving. Feedback from previous editions of this course has been profoundly positive, and this new edition has proven even more successful. Certification expires within three years, so those who took this course in 2008 will need to take it again to maintain certification.
It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
- Go to http://drivethru.fas.gsa.gov/
- Click on the link for Defensive Driving Course located on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Enter your GSA Fleet customer number and agency email address.
- You will be presented with a registration page. (Ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled). Fill in all your information, including a login ID and a password of your choice, then click on Submit. A confirmation email will be sent reminding you of the user name and password you created for access to the site at a later date.
- Click on Safety located on the My Place page.
- On My Courses page, click on NSC Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition to begin the course.
If you are a returning student click on this link www.safetyserve.com/gsafleet to log back in.