The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) is committed to the presidential sustainability agenda. GSA will minimize and offset its consumption of energy, water, and other resources, and use its government-wide influence to reduce the environmental impact of the Federal government.
For more information on the GSA Sustainability Performance Plan, go to: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/category/100551
For more information on how you can make sustainable choices for building systems and interior spaces, visit the GSA Sustainable Facilities Tool.
To learn more about what it means to "buy green" please view:
- GSA Training: Buy Green Video (Note: Video is hosted by a nongovernment commercial site); and
- What Do We Mean by "Green"? [PDF,405KB] (Presentation).
- Energy Star Program;
- Federal Energy Management Program Energy-Efficient Product Procurement;
- EPA Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines;
- USDA BioPreferred® Program;
- EPA's WaterSense Program;
- E.O. 13514 - Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance; and
- E.O. 13423 - Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy and Transportation Management.