Federal Triangle South
2010 PRESIDENTIAL MEMORANDUM
In accordance with the June 2010 Presidential Memorandum to dispose of unneeded federal real estate, GSA is exploring strategies to leverage its assets and land to improve utilization, reduce costs, and deliver facilities.
On December 3, 2012, GSA issued a Request for Information (RFI) for interested parties to address the long term needs of multiple GSA federal customers located in the L’Enfant Plaza area in Southwest, DC. GSA was seeking ideas on how to leverage the value of its real property assets to provide more efficient facilities for federal customers and potentially create the catalyst for a revitalization of this area of Southwest Washington.
The objectives of the December 2012 RFI was to solicit the expertise of the real estate industry to:
- Meet the long-term space needs of the federal agencies
- Identify smart and financially viable transaction structures
- Develop a vision that stimulates a vibrant mix of uses, such as residential, commercial, civic, institutional, and public realm while contributing to the vitality of the greater L’Enfant Plaza area, SW Waterfront and Independence Avenue corridor
- Leverage the planning recommendations of both the National Capital Planning Commission’s SW Ecodistrict Plan and the DC Office of Planning’s Maryland Avenue Small Area Plan
- Achieve best value to the government and taxpayers, through the most beneficial technical and financial solution.
GSA has used the information gathered from the RFI to inform GSA on the above objectives. Visit the RFI page to find out more and download documents related to the RFI. GSA held an Industry Day on January 4, 2013 at the GSA Regional Office Building at 301 7th Street, SW, Washington, DC. Visit the Industry Day page to learn more and download the presentations.