NAEYC Accreditation and Quality
GSA uses the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) as the measure of quality in all our child care centers. The NAEYC Accreditation system for early childhood programs has 10 standards that programs must meet. Theses standards and criteria are based on research on the development and education of young children, and define what NAEYC—the world’s largest organization of early childhood professionals—believes all early childhood programs should provide.
95% of GSA Child Care Programs are Nationally Accredited.
Congratulations are in order to the following programs that have achieved accreditation:
- Y Early Childhood Program @ St Albans, St Albans, VT
- Birmingham Child Development Center, Birmingham, AL
- Sound Start Child Care Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Edward Zornisky Child Development Center, Des Moines, IA
- Commerce Department Child Development Center, Washington, DC
- Greenwood School, Inc, Hyattsville, MD
- US Kids(Treasury), Washington, DC
To learn more about NAEYC and quality programs, please visit: www.naeyc.org (external website.)