More than 300,000 federal workers in the Washington, DC area* count on GSA’s NCR staff to provide office space and related services. GSA manages approximately 95.6 million rentable square feet of space in 190 federally-owned buildings, including 70 historic buildings (seven are national landmarks), and 500 leased buildings. GSA public buildings services include:
- Leases space to federal customer agencies.
- Constructs new buildings and repairs, alters, and renovates existing facilities.
- Provides property management services.
- Operates child care facilities in federal properties.
- Provides meeting and event space in significant federal properties.
- Disposes of real property for GSA and other federal agencies.
- Practices energy conservation, builds green, and provides recycling services.
- Preserves and maintains more than 70 historic properties.
- Commissions the country's most talented artists to create artwork for new federal buildings and conserves a substantial inventory of artwork from the past.
For facility related concerns, agencies should contact Portfolio Management using the contact information at the right of this page.
*NCR serves federal agency clients located throughout Washington, DC; Maryland (Montgomery and Prince George's counties); and Virginia (the cities of Alexandria and Falls Church, and Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties). GSA's Mid-Atlantic Region serves all other areas within Maryland and Virginia.