Enterprise Architecture, Policy and Planning
The Enterprise Architecture, Policy and Planning Division provides business-focused IT support for GSA customers at all levels of the organization. The team is comprised of eight service areas, which include:
- Enterprise Architecture
- Application Rationalization
- IT Policy Management
- Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
- IT Continuity of Operations Program (COOP)
- IT Records Management
GSA is transforming enterprise architecture and delivering business value through agile EA! This article in CIO Review, “Delivering Business Value Through Agile EA”[a nongovernment website], discusses GSA’s transformative approach to maintaining all types of GSA information accessed through one easy-to-use online application.
Enterprise Architecture Awards
The EA Team has won numerous awards:
- FEAC Institute Enterprise Architecture Hall of Fame for 2016
Kevin Wince, GSA’s Chief Enterprise Architect, was inducted into FEAC Hall of Fame for his innovative approach to federal Enterprise Architecture.
- Global Architecture Award of Excellence (from ICMG 2016) [a nongovernment website]
"Application Rationalization and Agile Enterprise Architecture" is the winner in the category IT Landscape Rationalization.
- Excellence in Enterprise Architecture (from GOVEA 2015) [a nongovernment website]
GSA's application rationalization project, led by the Chief Enterprise Architect, trimmed 33 applications from the agency's portfolio and produced over a 1,300 percent return on investment.
- IT Landscape Rationalization (from ICMG 2015) [a nongovernment website]
A business-focused, data-driven approach to rationalizing IT applications.
- Architecture Governance 2014 - Transformation and Planning (from ICMG 2015) [a nongovernment website]
Enabling business decisions through Enterprise Architecture Governance.
Enterprise Architecture Program Management and Governance
In response to the Clinger-Cohen Act of 1996 and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance, GSA Order 2110.3 CIO GSA Enterprise Architecture Policy formally established the Enterprise Architecture program. GSA’s CIO designated Kevin Wince as the Chief Enterprise Architect to lead the Enterprise Architecture, Policy and Planning Division, which coordinates updates to the Enterprise Architecture with organizations across the Administration.