GSA Leasing Support Services (GLS)
GLS Fact Sheet
Improvements Made To Program Based On Stakeholder Feedback
|Demonstrate Cost Savings
- Rental Rate: Included new incentives based on lease cost and market performance.
- Personnel: Realigned internal staffing structure to eliminate workload redundancy and use fewer GSA resources on GLS projects.
|Reduce Administrative Burdens, Create Consistency Among Regions
- Streamlined ordering procedures, reduced reporting and evaluation requirements, defined consistent regional staffing.
|Increase Contract Flexibility, Expand Contract Scope
- Added menu of services that includes pre and post award work.
- Expanded scope of broker responsibilities to mirror GSA leasing specialists.
- Added strategic planning, including the identification of soft-term lease opportunities.
|Increase Opportunities for Small Business
- Expanded zonal structure from four to nine awards and made requirements less restrictive, enabling smaller firms to be competitive for prime awards.
- Restructured source selection criteria to consider small business participation.
|Increase Utilization of Contract; Use Contract to Decrease Holdovers and Extensions
- Developed a utilization strategy based on portfolio needs and workload planning.
- Incorporated contract utilization into the GSA/PBS Strategic Blueprint and Performance Plans.
- Instituted a new staffing structure that uses less GSA in-house resources on broker projects.