Sustainable Facilities Maintenance and Management
As mandated by Executive Order 13693, GSA looks for ways to help federal customers meet their green and sustainability purchasing goals. To assist in that effort, GSA has taken it's most important step forward by greening the various products and services under the Multiple Award Schedules. Documents have been developed with language explaining how certain SINs under Schedule 03FAC | Facilities Maintenance and Management can be considered green or sustainable.
See the documents below for suggested language on how various SINs for Schedule 03FAC can be considered green.
Facilities Maintenance & Management Solutions for Real Property
The Building Maintenance Solutions [PDF - 198 KB] document provides suggested language on how Building Maintenance Solutions below can be considered green. The Special Item Numbers (SINs) are listed in numerical order.
- Electrical & Utility Services/Maintenance;
- Refrigeration, HVAC, Boiler & Chiller Maintenance;
- Facilities Maintenance & Management Consulting;
- Elevator & Escalator Preventative Maintenance; and
- Fire Alarm Preventative & Repair Services/Water-based Fire Suppression Maintenance & Repair.
This document, Complete Facilities Maintenance [PDF - 129 KB], provides suggested language on how Complete Facilities Maintenance and Management services can be considered green. The Special Item Numbers (SINs) are listed in numerical order
The Grounds & Lawn Care [PDF - 20 KB] document provides suggested language on how the Grounds & Lawn Care Services listed below can be considered green. The Special Item Numbers (SINs) are listed in numerical order.
- Grounds Maintenance;
- Cemetery Maintenance;
- Tree Planting, Trimming & Removal; and
- Pest Control.
Energy Management, Water Conservation & Support Services
Energy and management services can be considered green. See this Energy Management Services [PDF - 202 KB] document for suggested language for the items below. The Special Item Numbers (SINs) are listed in numerical order.
- Energy Management Planning & Strategies;
- Training on Energy Management;
- Metering Services;
- Energy Program Support Services;
- Building Commissioning Services;
- Energy Audit Services;
- Resource Efficiency Management (REM);
- Innovations in Energy;
- Water Conservation; and
- Energy Consulting Services.